sexta-feira, 18 de março de 2011

The day I was xenophobic

The other day I was attending just an ordinary class, where it was being solved some ordinary exercises. The professor asked us to go to the blackboard to show our solutions. To my amazement all volunteers were foreingers and since they're not the majority of the students (although probably make up 30-40%) it somehow started to annoy the nationals (that for sure were ashemed), besides that the professor was telling us some jokes with respect to this situation: 'Hey, won't we redeem?' 'Maybe I should teach in their language.' (Most of them speaks a close language to ours that are understandable by both sides).

Then I decided to solve one problem (I was delaying my appearence because of my shyness) and join the humorous spirit, it's needless to say that I've never been good with jokes (I mean jokes understandable by others), and let this: 'So let's listen for a while our mother tongue'.

Yeah, I was too naive. Less than some minutes after a foreinger was questioning my solution, in fact there was nothing wrong but certainly it was not well organised. I tryed to explain to him, however there was no way, he ignored me. The professor also complained about my organization and told me to sit down.

I  really felt terrible. I realized I had been misunderstood. I, who came here afraid with respect to the  so called prejudices my "countrymen" are subject, was the person to mistreat those who are in a harder situation  than I.
I, who wish to be "the foreinger" soon...

I sincerely hope my relationship with them is still able to go back to the square one.

Goobacks, Sieg Heil.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário