This is a make it happen city. Depending on your focus, background and of course a piece of luck you can get all sort of accomplishments you could imagine, you could touch the sky.
Because of that a lot of people from countless places come here in the hope to achieve their goals, be them megalomaniac or just an attempt to survive. It should come as no surprise that the last case fits for the majority and that many ones fail.
Between these losers there many from my native region that usually lack in education what reinforces the stereotype widespread throughout the country and that might give place to prejudice behaviors from the locals. On the other hand, those who come here need to understand that they're not in their homeland, so they shouldn't live like if they were there, and compare all the time the two places, that's not a good thing to do if an adjustment is desired.
Naturally the failness doesn't affect only my countrymen but I have to stress here how endemic it is and how crazy is the fact that it turned to be a common part of our daily lives. In the land of opportunities the hell is closer than expected at first sight. To put it bluntly there are a plenty of homeless people and this number is also going through the roof.
So, why am I writing about this? Shouldn't I be accustomed to this problem since I've seen it for a long time? Isn't it a part of mankind's History? Do I really believe it might be solved some day? With what price? You see, if everybody had access to our idealized world the Earth wouldn't resist and since we have to meet some left paradigms...
The fact is that it somehow bothers me. But what will I do? Will I really try to get involved with a real action to at least relief this problem? Well, wouldn't you know it? Tomorrow I'm going to have a class, then I, the "pilantra", need to sleep well, it's getting late, that's time to turn a blind eye to this issue. Good night.
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário